Why Point of Purchase Display Should be Your Priority in 2015
2015 is well underway but is your retail strategy looking just like 2014? There’s a cure for that: POP.
Several studies have shown strong growth in profit and brand awareness by using Point of Purchase display strategies. And consumers are making buying decisions instore more than ever. Those paperboard or Coroplast displays you see on the floor are very effective in persuading consumers.
Formerly, you would launch one large campaign, and there was no way to test or ascertain its success. That was a stopper for many brands.
How can you stand out in retail? Well-designed POP Displays.
Stand Out to Overcome Sales Resistance
Standing out in retail isn’t easy, but Coroplast or paperboard POP displays are a great way to grab attention. A successful national campaign is well within your reach. You can start small, test, and then go full scale national.
The reasoning for POP displays is simple: you must stand out, disrupt, and use good messaging to grab consumer’s attention and get them past their own sales resistance. Displays do disrupt their overly familiar shopping routine and activate their buying impulse.
Shoppers are resistant if your approach is the same day to day. Many retailers appear to be organizing their store layouts according to “zombie shopper” behaviour, but this is all the more to your advantage. When your display steps out to be seen, you can disrupt their automatic behaviour and make an impact.
Top 9 Questions about POP Display Promotion
- How much will a POP display campaign drives sales and brand awareness?
- Is initial outlay the stopper?
- Can someone tell us which display to use?
- How do we meet retailer’s restrictions and guidelines
- What is the right messaging on displays?
- Which display location is best?
- Not confident enough to believe you can make an impact?
- How much product should be put in?
- How do we combine other channels (digital, promotional) with our displays?
Short Run Displays
Due to technology upgrades and digital printing, display manufacturers can do shorter runs. The cost of designing prototypes, printing, building and copacking can scare away some, but the end value is tremendous.
The fact you can dip your toes means the risk is lowered and you’ll learn much more about what consumers think about your product and what benefits/incentives actually work to grow sales.
Come In with a Plan
A plan is your strategy. Come in and make a noise in retail. There’s really no excuse for not giving it a go. We can work with you to create a POP promotional plan.
Minimal cost and so many benefits:
- Test different display units to see what works
- Try different creative and labels to see which grab attention best
- Get feedback from retailers and distributors
- Discover what additional promotion channels work (e.g., QR codes, RFD chips)
Summer of 2015 is just ahead. Pay us a visit and take POP seriously. Whether you sell supplements, electronic accessories, personal health aids, kid’s toys, and other light durable goods, POP display is the best way to get it right in front of shoppers and to induce a purchase.